Sunday, August 1, 2010

Close, But No Cigar.

Darn. It's August 1st. And this isn't my blog about what happened last week. However, I'm hoping that after I do this, that I'll be able to do last week's as well. That way, I'm still caught up. I just have to do two in one day. This will be July 18 - July 24. Not much is going on today, so I should be able to handle. That is if I don't get too distracted by the House marathon that's on right now. Plus, we're having Dad's meatloaf tonight. What's better than that?! Anyway, on the the blogging.

My pretty Jessie cuddled on
top of my legs.
Sunday, July 18: I went to Calvary to go here Mark preach. I was a second late and got lost on the way there. There was a detour from a fallen tree. But I managed. Once I was home, Chris and I watched Psycho. That's actually a really good movie. I kept changing my mind on what I thought was going on. I liked it though. I went to Michael's to get some stuff for Viv's painting. I thought I'd get a yay-you're-in-college present. Pretty much just chilled the rest of the day.

Monday, July 19: I didn't do much in the morning. I didn't eat until three. I chilled in the afternoon. Painted Viv's painting. This time, I took pictures of the process. It's neat to see how the picture changes. After painting, or between it, I don't know, Dad and I went bowling. I bowled a 100, 145, 96, 112, and 137. That's a 118 average. I got eight spares and nine strikes. It was crazy though. The first game I should have had five in a row. My first five frames were all 9- excluding a strike in the second. I was getting ripped off so badly. Oh well, it happens I guess. It's not like I'm a great bowler anyway. Now here's my order for pictures. Obviously, I'm not an artist, but this is how I do things.

Step 1: The sketch. Here is my third sketch I did and the one that I chose.

Step 2: I didn't take a picture of just the "V," so this is technically the third step.

Step 4: The next color. You can see how the green isn't that great. But it's not the end.

Steps 5 and 6: Five would be the yellow and six would be going over all the colors. I definitely like hers a lot. The colors look much, much better in person.

Tuesday, July 20: Not a great morning. But whatever. I had class. Boring, as usual. But it was a week away from my final, and it felt so good. Dad and I ate Piccadilly. They gave me much more food than I could handle. That always happens there, but it was delicious. I went to Chris's when I got into town. Then we went to my house. It wasn't a great day for reasons that I won't go into. But no worries, all things are settled now. He went to sub at the bowling alley. I went up there eventually. It definitely wasn't a day high on my list of "days that'd be fun to relive."

Wednesday, July 21: I wasn't feeling well in the morning. All the problems from Tuesday got handled. Chris and I watched It Takes Two. That is one of the first that Chris and I have watched that didn't disappoint. I still think it was good, just like I did when I was younger. I went to the lake with Dad to his boss's lake house. It was so fun! I drove a sea-do by myself for the first time, I think it was the first anyways. I was going 40 some of the time! I had a blast. Then Charlie took his daughter Katie and me tubing and his son Charlie knee boarding. I had a blast. Kids are so fun. Being around them reminds me of part of the reason why I want to be a teacher. Once I got into town, I went bowling with Chris, Jeremy, and Jeremy's girlfriend. I bowled a 157, 133, 125, 112, and a 144. That's a 134 average. I got eight strikes and fifteen spares. I was definitely doing pretty good! I picked up a 4, 5, 7 split my first game, that was cool. I got doubles in my first, second, and last game. I freakin' left the six-pin three times in a row! How frustrating. And everyone agrees that my fourth game I was robbed again and again. And my last game, the first four frames were marks. Heck yeah. A good day for practice. Too bad I never bowl like that during league. I bet that was more than you wanted on bowling, ha. I just had lots of notes, and it was five games. So, give me a break.
Here's my sweet Jessie sleeping in my blankie. I love her!

Love me some pig tails.
Thursday, July 22: I had class. LAST ONE BEFORE MY FINAL. Boy, what a great feeling. Chris met me at the mall, and we went to go see Inception. It was a great movie. We chilled for the hour plus that we had before bowling. Then, off to the bowling alley for league. I bowled a 125, 161, and a 131. First game: four spares and zero strikes. I had nine open four times! In my notes I wrote, in bold caps mind you, "QUEEN OF THE HALF-INCH MISS!" Which is what my dad says, but Chris said it should said "quarter-inch," so I wrote that underneath. Second game: Ughhhhhh. Don't get me started, oh well. You did. I got five spares and two strikes. I got a double and four spares my first six frames. Sounds good, right? Well, I could have had higher than a 161. Higher than a 172 even (which is my highest game ever). Wanna know what I did?! I freakin' "fowled" my tenth frame. See, my foot stuck when I threw the ball. The ball was headed down the lane, and I was sliding my foot on the approach trying to find where I stuck, and I accidentally went over the foul line. WHAT THE HECK?! Ugh. I was so mad. Third game: one spare and three strikes. I split in the tenth frame. Eh, I still bowled a 417 series! Yay! First 400 in league. So, it was a good night. Just took me a few frames to get over what happened my second game. But hey, you'd be mad too. Especially when you could have beat your highest game ever. Oh well.

Friday, July 23: I had a nice day that actually felt like summer and slept until ten. I love doing that. I never could sleep in before, I think I've made up for lost time this summer, ha. And the only reason I got up was because the appliance guy came to fix the dish washer. I just chilled the rest of the day and went to Longhorn with Dad. It was much more crowded that it is when I got with Mom. It was just as delicious though! Friday was wonderful.

I forgot to take a picture of the recap thing, but hey. I got over 600k twice within eleven days of each other. Sweet!


Isn't she sweet. I don't know what this look was for, but I love how you can see her blue eye so well in this picture.

Mel's dog who I call
Precious Lilly because
they changed her name
from the people they
took her from. She was
sitting up on the couch like
this when Mel made her.
It was pretty funny.
Saturday, July 24: I hung out with Chris before he had to go to work. We were lazy, no surprise. And I was still lazy after he left. Then, as I was sitting on my butt doing nothing, Melanee texted me and demanded that I come over and swim with her and Zach. I didn't argue. As I was over there, she invited me to stay the night too with her and Hannah. So I did. Swimming was fun. We had fun on the tubes and went torpedo diving. We watched some House and ate Ria's. Great day. Once Hannah was there and Zach was gone, we just chilled in the living room. It was lots of fun. We all slept in the living room, along with Aidan, Mel's little brother. He wanted to be apart of the sleepover too I guess.

Here's my totally fail while trying to stand on the tube like Mel. It was fun though. I got it eventually for like two seconds.

Well, sounds like a pretty good week, toward the end at least. Now hopefully I'll get last week in today too. That'll be good. So yeah. Hopefully I'll get last week in today, or at least by tomorrow.




-peace.
CNH<3CMG

No comments:

Post a Comment